Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventures in driving

My goal for the week is to fix the brakes on the car.

They went out in a rather spectacular way on us. No casualties, but 3 T-posts were injured and a pine tree lost a limb.

The car has been parked in the driveway for the last week, waiting for us to have money for repairs, which we now do. Hurrah for payday!!

Here's the thing- I am not very mechanically inclined. But Handsome is worse. Much worse. But he thinks it is his Manly Duty to be if not Mr.FixIt, than at the very least more mechanically inclined then me.  Therefore, it is on his To Do List.
But that doesn't get our brakes done.

So, as I understand it, replacing a brake line is not that hard, and I've done brake pads on other cars, so I am going to attempt this myself. While Handsome is at work.
If I screw up - the way I see it is it's already broken to where we can't use it and we'll just be back to Worst Case Scenario - hire a mechanic.
If I can manage it, I will tell Handsome the good fairies did it, he will pretend to believe me and will be secretly relieved he doesn't have to think about it anymore. And we will both be happy to have the car back.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment